Friday, October 30, 2015

Battle of the Brands- Eye Makeup Removers


LANCOME BI-FACIL DOUBLE ACTION 

EYE MAKEUP REMOVER 
vs. 
MAC PRO EYE MAKEUP REMOVER

As you know, I wear a full face of makeup mostly every day. This includes mascara, shadows, primers and liners. Even if you don’t wear as much eye makeup, it is so essential to completely remove any and all of it before calling it a night. You want an eye makeup remover to be gentle on the eyes, contain ingredients that do not scorch your eyeballs and of course, remove all the makeup in the least amount of time possible.

My favorite, all-time, holy grail eye makeup remover is the Lancome Bi-Facil Double Action Eye Makeup Remover. But the curious, beauty junkie that I am, of course, am always on the lookout for comparable products, hopefully at a more reasonable price. Hence, this Battle of the Brands.


LANCOME BI-FACIL DOUBLE ACTION EYE MAKEUP REMOVER

4.2 fl. oz. $29.00
6.7 fl. oz. $39.00

The most unique feature is the visible double layer of remover, where the name “double action” comes from. The “Lipid” layer removes makeup while the “Water” layer contains emollients to refresh and condition the skin. It removes even waterproof mascara and is safe for those with sensitive skin and contact lens users.

As for the cons of this product, although a little goes a long way, I prefer to saturate a cotton pad with the remover and place the pads on my eyes to soak in. Because of that, I go through the product quite quickly which is a con since it is quite pricey.


MAC PRO EYE MAKEUP REMOVER

1.0 fl.oz. $10.00
3.4 fl. oz. $21.00

The packaging of the remover is traditional MAC where the top is rubberized and the remover is a pretty shade of purple. MAC claims that the product calms, hydrates and soothes skin with cucumber extract and can remove waterproof mascara. The remover is also lightweight and non-oily. Of course, upon completion of the remover, the plastic container can be 1 of your 6 “Back to MAC” items. 

And the winner is. . . . LANCOME!

The extra money is worth it! This remover leaves the eye area so smooth and conditioned. There are times when I do not even feel the need to apply a moisturizer after using it. Although MAC advertises their remover as “hydrating”, I find the product to leave my eye area dry and stiff. My eyes scream for moisturizer after using this remover. I believe this happens because the remover is “non-oily”, therefore drying our the skin and with replenishing moisture into the skin.


To not completely bash MAC’s remover, I find that as long as I immediately apply moisturizer, I  do not run into any problems and actually enjoy using the product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment