Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Twenty Five Days of Beauty- Save or Splurge? L’Occitan Ultra Rich Body Cream

DAY FIVE OF THE TWENTY-FIVE DAYS OF BEAUTY
Save or Splurge? L'Occitan Ultra Rich Body Cream


If you are looking for a body lotion that feels luxurious on the skin without leaving a greasy residue behind and that moisturizes the skin without feeling waxy, then look no further.  This is by far my holy grail, best body cream I have ever used. The product is thick enough to cover and hydrate dry skin but not too thick where you can feel a layer of lotion laying on top of your skin. Best of all, you don’t have to spend 20 minutes rubbing the lotion into your skin as it immediately absorbs into the skin, feeling as though it is melting into your skin. 

Just as the name says, this lotion gives off an “ultra rich” feeling and leaves your skin moisturized for hours. The first word that comes to mind when describing the smell is, “classy”. The scent is a mix between the classic shea butter scent with a light smell of floral and powder. It’s hard to describe it as it will most likely smell slightly different on everyone. When I go out after applying the lotion, I always receive compliments on how fresh my “perfume” smells. 

I use this product on a daily basis. Following a shower, I cover my entire body with the lotion, locking in the moister as I continue to dry. In the winter months, my skin becomes extra dry and dehydrated. This is the only body lotion that will keep my skin glowing. On occasion, I will even apply a thick layer of the cream on my ankles and feet and put on socks to keep my dry feet moisturized throughout the night.
The only downside to this product is obviously the price. Although some may think it is outrageous to pay $44.00 for a tub of lotion, this product will last you a long time. It comes with 7 oz. of product and  a little goes a long way. I also noticed that whenever I used Bath and Body Works lotions or a less costly brands, my skin always felt greasy and the scent always gave me a headache. I am sorry but I do not want to smell like cucumber melon or cinnamon rolls.
This body lotion is amazing and if you are prone to dry, ashy, cracky skin in the winters, you have to pick this up! This would also make a great stocking stuffer.
Until next time, X&O

No comments:

Post a Comment