Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Best in Beauty- Under Eye Concealers

When it comes to concealers, I can be very picky. I like a full coverage but natural, demi-matte finish that brightens and conceals. My under eye area tends to get dry so I have to moisturize every time I apply my concealer. 




Application:    After applying a generous amount of concealer in an upside down triangle under my eyes, I ALWAYS blend out the concealer with a Beauty Blender. I feel this technique gives off an air-brushed look that blends out any and all edges seamlessly. I gently bounce a damp beauty blender over the concealer, pressing the product into the skin and the creases under the eye. 

*BEST IN BEAUTY TIP #1- Look up while pressing the concealer directly under the eyes so the product is pushed into the creases). Look up when applying setting powder under the eyes as well.

Concealer Shade: I normally purchase two different shades when trying out a concealer; a shade that is about two shades lighter and a shade that is about 3-4 shades lighter. The reason for this is two fold: 
(1) I prefer a lighter, brighter under eye; and 
(2) I use the lightest color directly under the eyes and use the other shade underneath to help ombre and blend the concealer into the foundation for a more air brushed look.


HIGH END CONCEALERS

  1. MAC Prolongwear Concealer
"NC" are cool, neutral toned concealers/ "NW" are
warm toned. $21.00 
I believe this is the first concealer I have ever tried and it was love at first sight. The concealer is long wearing, opaque, and does not crease. This is my holy grail, #1 favorite concealer. Although you can feel the concealer under your eyes, it photographs beautifully. My suggestion with this product is to make sure your under eye area is moisturized prior to use as it may appear cakey if the area is dry. The only thing that would make this product perfect in my book is if it was packaged with the same formula in a tube with a sponge applicator as opposed to a pump in a glass tube (I’ve had way too many close calls where the concealer almost cracked on the floor).





$28.00

2. Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer

Love, love, love! The applicator of this product is a dream. The sponge application is long and flat on both sides. I find this allows for an even coverage and applies the concealer quicker due to applicator’s size. This product blends out perfectly and completely evenly. I really cannot find any cons to this product other than I wish more product was included as I went through several tubes quite quickly. 










3. Sephora Collection Bight Future Gel Serum Concealer


$14.00
The Sephora Collection has improved their formula on most of their products, specifically their concealer as it made my Top 3 High End Concealers list. The formula is amazing; if MAC Prolongwear Concealer and Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer had a baby, it would be this concealer. The only con to this product is the applicator. It does not pick up a lot of product and does not smoothly cover the under eye area. I actually use the applicator wand from the Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer to apply this product.













DRUGSTORE CONCEALERS


$8.99
  1. Maybelline Master Conceal Camouflaging Concealer
By far, this is the most opaque, thick but natural looking concealer that the drugstore has to offer. The product comes in a tube that has to be squeezed to release product. I place a generous dot of product on the back of my hand and use a brush to apply it under my eyes. I apply the color “Light” right underneath my eyes and then apply “Light-Medium” in an upside down “triangle” shape under the eye and I let the concealer set for about 30 seconds before blending it out.



2. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer

$6.99
This concealer surprised me in a good way. Upon applying the product under my eyes, my first impression was that the concealer was going to be too sheer. I was surprised because the concealer blended out beautifully for a very natural look. If I want a more hi-lighted, full coverage look, I add another layer subsequent to the first layer drying. This concealer builds ups beautifully and will not crease or look cakey. I use the color “Medium”. My favorite feature of this concealer is the applicator. It places and moves the product exactly where you put it. 



3. Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer

$9.99
There is a great range of colors that this concealer comes in. Although I have tried a few of their shades, my two favorite shades are “Neutralizer” (neutral, yellow undertone) and “Brightener” (brightening, pink undertone). The applicator is also unlike any other concealer listed above where there is a circular sponge that you sweep under the eye, applying the product. You have control of how much product you want to use by turning the applicator accordingly and you have control of exactly where you want the product and how opaque. The only downfall for me is that I do not think it blends seamlessly with only one coat. I believe to get an even layer, two coats must be applied and blended.



Hope you guys enjoyed this post! Let me know below what your favorite concealers are and if you have any questions. 

Stay Beautiful,
X&O

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for helping out, great information.The article posted was very informative and useful. You people are doing a great job. Keep going.
    Business Cards
    Popcorn Boxes
    Pillow Boxes
    Wine Boxes
    Perfume Boxes

    ReplyDelete

  2. Thanks for sharing such great information, I highly appreciate your hard-working skills as the post you published have some great information which is quite beneficial for me, I hope you will post more like that in the future.
    Custom Printed Boxes
    Custom Boxes with Logo

    ReplyDelete