Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Twenty Five Days of Beauty- Save or Spurge? Kat Von D Lock ’N Load Makeup Setting Spray

DAY THREE OF THE TWENTY FIVE DAYS OF BEAUTY
Save or Splurge? 
Kat Von D Lock N' Load Makeup Setting Spray

I begin my day at 6:00 A.M and work 8-9 hours every day and sometimes the weekends. I do not have much time, if any, to make sure my makeup is still on and looking good. I have tried MANY setting sprays that claim to prolong the wear of your makeup and keep it looking fresh and perfect for 10 hours, 15 hours, 24 hours, etc. In a nutshell, they all failed to meet my exceptions.

Although I vowed to not waste any more money on setting sprays, I felt so compelled and interested to give the Kat Von D Lock ’N Load Makeup setting spray a shot. I have tried almost all of her products and have been very impressed by most. 

The product claims the following:

1. Weightless mist that locks down makeup for up to 16 hours
2. Film forming polymers ingratiates balance external factors such as the climate (helping prevent makeup melt-downs when hot; dehydration and cracking in the cold
3. Aloe and conditioning esters smooth and moisturize skin without a sticky or tight feeling
4. Prevents makeup from fading, sliding, caking or becoming excessively shiny


Kat Von D Lock N' Load Makeup Setting Spray
$24.00- 3.4 oz
After using this product for over a month, I would suggest that all my blog readers do two things: (1) Throw away all your setting sprays and (2) Buy this product! When I get home from a long day of work fulfilled with tons of touching, scratching, rubbing and holding my face, my makeup is still in place.

To really test this product, I went to bed on purpose with a full face of “glam” makeup after long night out. In the morning when I looked in the mirror, the makeup still looked presentable. When I looked in the mirror in the morning, my makeup still looked presentable. The eyeshadow stayed in place along with the foundation. With minor touch-ups, I could have went through the day with the makeup from the night before. (Please note that I immediately washed my face. I DEFINITELY do not suggest ever sleeping with makeup.

I use this spray after EVERY application of makeup and would definitely recommend this product for all skin types. I have oily skin, so most sprays leave a layer of oil on my skin or lock in the oil that accumulates throughout the day. Then there are sprays that make my skin feel like still glue; feeling the product with every face movement. This product controlled my oil, eliminating continuous blotting and left my skin feeling smooth and refreshed throughout the day.

I personally would not use this product throughout the day to refresh my look, although you can. For that purpose, I will continue to my MAC Fix+. If you are on the fence about this product or if you have a big occasion or long night ahead, I suggest picking up this spray. Not worrying about your makeup throughout the day or night is worth every penny of this product!

Until next time,

X&O

1 comment: